How We Tested
During our benchmarking sessions, we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions, the only variable device was the CPU being tested and the motherboard, which had to be replaced to match the different CPU sockets.
- Motherboard (socket LGA1150): ASRock Z97 Extreme4
- Motherboard (socket FM2): ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+
- CPU Cooler: AMD/Intel stock
- Memory (DDR3): 16 GiB DDR3 G.Skill Sniper 1866, two F3-1866C10D-16GSR 8 GiB memory modules configured at 1,866 MHz
- Boot drive: Kingston HyperX Fury 240 GB
- Video Card: integrated
- Video Monitor: Philips 236VL
- Power Supply: Zalman ZM400-LE
Operating System Configuration
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Video resolution: 1920 x 1080 60 Hz (desktop), 1280 x 720 (games)
- AMD driver version: 14.12
- Intel Inf chipset driver version: 10.0
We adopted a 4% error margin. Thus, differences below 4% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 4% should be considered as having similar performance.