ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard main features are:
- Socket: AM3
- Chipset: AMD790X + SB750
- Super I/O: ITE IT8720F
- Clock generator: ICS 9LPRS477CKL
- Parallel ATA: One ATA-133 port controlled by the south bridge chip.
- Serial ATA: Seven SATA-300 ports, six controlled by the chipset (supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD) and one controlled by a Marvell 88SE6121 chip.
- External SATA: One eSATA-300 port controlled by the Marvell 88SE6121 chip.
- USB: 12 USB 2.0 ports, eight soldered on the motherboard and four available through two headers on the motherboard (the motherboard doesn’t come with I/O brackets for you to use these ports).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394): Two ports controlled by a VIA VT6315N chip, one standard-sized soldered on the rear panel and one available through a header (the motherboard doesn’t come with an I/O bracket for you to use this port).
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a VIA VT1808S codec (7.1 channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate for both the inputs and outputs, 90 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the inputs and 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the outputs). On-board optical SPDIF output.
- On-board LAN: One Gigabit Ethernet port controlled by a Realtek RTL8112L chip, which is connected to the system through one PCI Express x1 lane.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply required: ATX12V (not compatible with EPS12V).
- Slots: Two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (both working at x8 when two video cards are installed), two PCI Express x1 slots and two standard PCI slots.
- Memory: Four DDR3-DIMM sockets (up to 16 GB up to DDR3-1600/PC3-12800 or DDR3-1800 through overclocking).
- Number of CDs/DVDs provided: One.
- Programs included: Motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Only solid capacitors, Express Gate, serial port, 2 oz. copper layers, over voltage/under voltage protections.
- More Information: https://www.asus.com
- Average price in the US*: USD 120.00
* Researched at Newegg.com on the day we published this First Look article.