Cooler Master Sileo 500 is a mid-tower case targeted to the user that wants a nice and affordable case. Here is a summary of what we thought about it:
- Anti-static foams for reducing noise installed on all panels.
- Screwless mechanisms for all disk drives and daughterboards.
- Aluminum front panel.
- eSATA port.
- No live edges where you could cut yourself while building your PC.
- Excellent cost/benefit ratio for the average user.
- The power supply that comes with it isn’t good.
- No anti-vibration mechanisms for the hard disk drives.
In summary, we liked Sileo 500, as we think it provides a good cost/benefit ratio for the average user looking for a sober-looking mid-tower case with good construction quality for building a quiet PC. For many, having the option of installing “only” four or five hard disk drives may be seen as a drawback, but a user that has this amount of hard drives will probably be looking into more high-end models anyway.
The only real problem with this case is the eXtreme Power Plus 500 W power supply that comes with it. So our “Golden Award” seal is specifically for the case, not for the case + power supply combo.