ECS KN1 SLI Extreme main features are:
- Socket: 939.
- Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI.
- Super I/O: ITE IT8712F.
- Parallel IDE: Two ATA-133 ports.Serial IDE: Four SATA-300 ports controlled by nForce 4 SLI chipset (RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and JBOD) and two SATA-300 ports controlled by Silicon Image SiI3132 chip (RAID 0 and 1).
- USB: 10 USB 2.0 ports (four soldered on the motherboard and two available on one I/O bracket that comes with the motherboard; four ports are left over).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a): Two ports controlled by Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A chip, available through an I/O bracket that comes with the motherboard (one regular sized and one miniature).
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with Realtek ALC850 codec (eight channels, 16-bit resolution, 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio) with optical and coaxial outputs soldered on the motherboard.
- On-board video: No.
- On-board LAN: Yes, two, one Gigabit Ethernet port (1,000 Mbps), controlled by nForce 4 SLI chipset together with Marvell 88E1111 PHY chip and one Fast Ethernet port (100 Mbps) controlled by Realtek RTL8100C chip.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply: ATX12V v2.x (24-pin).
- Slots: Two x16 PCI Express slots, one x1 PCI Express slot and three PCI slots.
- Memory: Four DDR-DIMM sockets (up to 4 GB up to DDR400/PC3200).
- Number of CDs that come with this motherboard: 2 CDs.
- Programs included: Drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Backup BIOS module.
- More Information: www.ecsusa.com.
- Average price in the US*: US$ 127,00.
*Researched on Pricewatch.com on the day we published this review.