EVGA X58 SLI main features are:
- Socket: 1366.
- Chipset: Intel X58 with ICH10R.
- Super I/O: Fintek F71883FG
- Clock generator: ICS 9LPRS918JKLF
- Parallel IDE: One ATA-133 port controlled by a JMicron JMB363 chip.
- Serial IDE: Six SATA-300 ports controlled by the south bridge chip, supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5; two SATA-300 ports controlled by a JMicron JMB363 chip supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD; one SATA-300 port and one eSATA-300 port controlled by a JMicron JMB362 chip.
- USB: Twelve USB 2.0 ports (eight soldered on the motherboard and four available through I/O brackets that come with the board).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a): Two ports controlled by a Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A chip, one soldered on the motherboard and one available through an I/O bracket, which comes with the motherboard.
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a Realtek ALC 889 codec (eight channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate for both the inputs and outputs, 104 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the analog inputs and 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the analog outputs). On-board coaxial and optical SPDIF outputs.
- On-board video: No.
- On-board LAN: Two Gigabit Ethernet ports controlled by two Realtek RTL8111C chips, which are connected to the system through PCI Express lanes.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply required: EPS12V.
- Slots: Three PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (working at x16/x16/x1 or x16/x8/x8), one PCI Express x1 slot and two standard
PCI slots, supporting CrossFire and SLI.
- Memory: Six DDR3-DIMM sockets (up to 12 GB up to DDR3-1600/PC3-12800).
- Number of CDs/DVDs provided: One.
- Programs included: motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Japanese aluminum solid capacitors, 10-phase voltage regulator circuit with ferrite chokes and low RDS(on) transistors, two clear CMOS buttons and POST diagnostics display.
- More Information: https://www.evga.com
- Average price in the US*: USD 300.00
* Researched at Newegg.com on the day we published this First Look article.