Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard main features are:
- Socket: 1156.
- Chipset: Intel H55 Express.
- Super I/O: ITE IT8720F
- Clock Generator: Realtek RTM885N-914
- Parallel ATA: One port controlled by a JMicron JMB363 (“Gigabyte SATA 2”) chip.
- Serial ATA: Seven, five SATA-300 ports controlled by the chipset and two SATA-300 ports controlled by the same JMicron JMB363 chip (these two ports support RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD).
- External SATA: One eSATA-300 controlled by the chipset.
- USB: 10 USB 2.0 ports (four soldered on the motherboard rear panel and six available through three headers on the motherboard) and two USB 3.0 ports controlled by a NEC μPD720200 chip.
- FireWire (IEEE 1394): Two ports, one soldered on the motherboard rear panel and one available through a header on the motherboard, controlled by a Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A chip.
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a Realtek ALC889 codec (eight channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate for both the inputs and outputs, 104 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the inputs and 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the outputs). On-board optical SPDIF output.
- On-board LAN: One Gigabit Ethernet port controlled by a Realtek RTL8111D controller, connected to the system through a PCI Express x1 lane.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply required: EPS12V.
- Slots: Two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (one working at x16 and the second one working at x4) and two standard PCI slots.
- Memory: Four DDR3-DIMM sockets (up to 16 GB up to DDR3-2200/PC3-17600).
- Fan connectors: One four-pin connector for the CPU fan and one four-pin connector for an auxiliary fan.
- Number of CDs/DVDs provided: One.
- Programs included: Motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Phase usage LEDs, active phase controller (“Dynamic Energy Saver 2”), 2 oz. (56 g) copper tracks, serial port.
- More Information: https://www.gigabyte-usa.com
- Average price in the US*: USD 110.00.
* Researched at Newegg.com on the day we published this First Look article.