How We Tested
During our benchmarking sessions, we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions the only variable was the video card being tested.
- Motherboard: Biostar K8VHA Pro (VIA K8T800, July 12th 2004 BIOS)
- CPU: Athlon 64 3200+
- Memory: Two 256 MB DDR400/PC3200 memory modules from TwinMOS
- Hard Drive: Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus (40 GB, ATA-133)
- Screen resolution: [email protected] Hz
- Windows XP Professional installed using NTFS
- Service Pack 1A
- Direct X 9.0c
- ATI video driver version: 4.8
- ATI video driver version: 6.4 (Radeon X700, Radeon X1600 Pro)
- NVIDIA video driver version: 61.77
- VIA Hyperion driver version: 4.53
We adopted a 3% error margin; thus, differences below 3% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 3% should be considered as having similar performance.