Bookmarks are excellent resources that provide you rapid access to the websites and pages you desire nearby. Websites for food, news, shopping, social networking, and many other things may all be bookmarked. The efficiency of those bookmarks depends on your ability to manage them in Safari. Also if you need help with your assignments, you can always turn to services like domyhomework123.com/python and bookmark those sites.
Here, we’ll demonstrate how to delete bookmarks on Safari and manage them on your Mac, as well as your iPhone and iPad, by adding, editing, arranging, etc.
Safari bookmarks on Mac
You’ll want immediate access to personal bookmarks and straightforward management options when you sit quietly at your Mac and launch Safari.
Adding a Bookmark
There are a handful of simple ways to bookmark a webpage when you’re on it.
- From the menu bar, select Bookmarks > Add Bookmark.
- Click Share, then select Add Bookmark.
You’ll get a pop-up box where you can select the bookmark’s location. If you utilize folders and subfolders, the Bookmark Toolbar, or both, this is useful. Optionally, you may change the bookmark’s name and, if you’d like, write a description.
The bookmark will be stored when you click Add.
You may also drag the page’s URL from the address bar to the sidebar and place it where you want it in your bookmark list if you have your Bookmarks Sidebar open (explained below).
View your Bookmarked pages on Mac
You have a several easy options to access your bookmarks, much like when adding a bookmark to Safari.
- From the menu bar, select Bookmarks > Show Bookmarks.
- From the menu bar, choose View > Show Bookmarks Sidebar.
- Choose the Bookmarks tab located at the top by clicking the Show Sidebar icon in your toolbar.
Any bookmark on your list may be opened simply clicking it. If you have a number of bookmarks, use the top search box to look for a specific one.
Make a folder for bookmarks on Mac
The best tools for managing your bookmarks are bookmark folders. You may make folders to save regularly viewed websites, comparable websites, or pages for work or education. The good thing about folders is that you have entire control over their naming, organization, and structure. Additionally, if you like, you may make subfolders.
In the Bookmarks Editor or the Bookmarks Sidebar, you may create folders. Click Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks to launch the Editor.
Here are three methods for making a folder:
- From the menu bar, select Bookmarks > Add Bookmark Folder.
- Within the Bookmarks Sidebar, use the shortcut menu to right-click and choose New Folder.
- At the top of the Bookmarks Editor, select New Folder.
Name your folder, then press the Return key.
Use one of the following ways to create a subfolder:
- From the menu bar, select Bookmarks > Add Bookmark Folder. Drag the new folder into the parent folder after that.
- In the Bookmarks Sidebar, right-click the parent folder and choose New Folder from the dropdown list.
- Drag the folder to the primary folder by selecting New Folder at the Bookmarks Editor‘s top.
Provide your subfolder a name, then hit Return, just as you would with a parent folder.
Modify your Bookmarks on Mac
Either the Bookmarks Sidebar or the Bookmarks Editor allow you to edit your bookmarks. You have a little bit more area to work with while utilizing the Bookmarks Editor. However, both ways offer the same editing choices.
Right-click a bookmark, a folder, or a subfolder to open it. The bookmark or folder can then be copied, deleted, renamed, or have the address changed.
Safari Bookmarks on iPhone and iPad
Keeping track of your bookmarks on your iPhone or iPad is crucial if you often use Safari on a Mac. You’ll need quick and simple access to your necessary bookmarks wherever you are, after all.
Adding a Bookmark
It’s really easy to create a bookmark for a webpage after you’ve arrived at it.
- At the bottom, click the Share button.
- the Add Bookmark option.
- You have the choice of changing the bookmark’s name at the top.
- At the bottom, pick a place for your bookmark, such as a folder or subdirectory.
- Click Save.
Explore your bookmarked websites on iPhone
On iPhone and iPad, viewing your Safari bookmarks only a single tap.
On iPhone and iPad, tap the bookmarks symbol in the bottom-left corner. Next, select the Bookmarks tab. Your list of bookmarks will then appear.
Click to open folders, or swipe to go directly to a page you’ve bookmarked. Additionally, there is a convenient Search box at the top that allows you to type a term or speak into your phone to discover a certain bookmark.
Make a folder for Bookmarks on iPhone
On iOS, you may also easily set up a new bookmarked folder or subfolder.
- To access your bookmarks list, click the bookmarks sign and ensure the Bookmarks option is chosen.
- Press Edit at the bottom, and click New Folder.
- Choose a location for your folder and give it a name. In the Location box, you may quickly navigate to folders and subfolders.
The aforementioned procedures can be used to add a folder or subdirectory, but there is an additional method for doing so.
The folder you wish to be the parent should be selected while you are browsing your bookmarks list. From there, select Edit and New Folder. You’ll see that the parent you first chose is shown as the Location at the bottom of the Edit Folder page.
Modify your Bookmarks on iPhone
Access your Bookmarks list once again, then touch Edit at the bottom to make changes to a bookmark.
- Choose the mark or folder that has to be modified.
- The bookmark’s name, URL, or location can then be modified.
- When finished, press Back on the iPad or Done on the iPhone keypad.
- When you’re done editing, click Done.
You may remove a bookmark or folder in one of two simple ways:
- Swipe from right to left and press Delete in the Bookmarks list.
- Press the minus symbol next to the bookmark or folder on the Bookmarks Edit screen, then click Delete.
We hope that you should be able to manage the Safari bookmarks on all of your Apple devices with the aid of this tutorial and these suggestions.