Intel SX58SO (“Smackover”) main features are:
- Socket: 1366.
- Chipset: Intel X58 with ICH10R.
- Super I/O: Winbond WPCD376I
- Clock generator: SLG505YC264B
- Parallel IDE: None.
- Serial IDE: Six SATA-300 ports controlled by the south bridge chip, supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5 and two eSATA-300 ports controlled by a Marvell 88SE6121 chip.
- USB: Twelve USB 2.0 ports (eight soldered on the motherboard and four available through I/O brackets).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a): Two ports controlled by Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A chip, one soldered on the motherboard and one available through an I/O bracket.
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a Realtek ALC889 codec (eight channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate for both inputs and outputs, 106 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the inputs and 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the outputs), with on-board optical SPDIF connector.
- On-board video: No.
- On-board LAN: One Gigabit Ethernet port controlled by the chipset together with an Intel 82567LM chip to make the physical layer interface.
- Buzzer: Yes.
- Power supply required: EPS12V.
- Slots: Two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, one PCI Express 2.0 x4 slot, two PCI Express 1.0 x1 slots and one standard PCI slot, supporting CrossFire and SLI.
- Memory: Four DDR3-DIMM sockets (up to 16 GB up to DDR3-1333/PC3-10600).
- Number of CDs that come with this motherboard: One.
- Programs included: motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Aluminum solid capacitors and ferrite chokes on the voltage regulator circuit.
- Average price in the US: We took a look at this motherboard before it reached the market.