There’s a lot to like about the S600, but it is not perfect. The small size is a big plus. You will get good color and out-of-the-box usability. You can take as much control as you like. Image quality is excellent and the camera also offers a large range that covers everything from close-up portraits to panoramic landscapes.
It’s great for outdoors and produces adequate indoor photos as well, but you may have to purchase an extra battery if you are a heavy user. There are enough features to keep you interested in the camera for quite a while. In the mean time, you will be having fun.
- Small enough to carry all the time
- Great outdoor photos
- Optical image stabilization
- Wide angle lens
- Good color representation and image quality
- Optical VR (Vibration Reduction)
- No viewfinder
- On/off button that could be accidently depressed
- Quick start time offset by wait for focus locking