We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
ASUS is a major brand in the world of laptops, which means they offer something for people of all types. To make the decision easier, we looked at the top Asus laptops to determine which reigns supreme.Take a look to get to the fun part, using your amazing new laptop. Laptops are versatile devices that allow you to work on the go while also providing the hardware to do more extensive activities at home or in the office.Smartphones and tablets are both popular, but gaming, typing a paper, or working with video software is far easier on a laptop. There are tons of laptops available differing in size, features, and prices, so we decided to review the top laptops by ASUS to give you an idea of what your options are.
Things to Consider When Buying a Laptop
Laptops are versatile and have many uses. But, before you dive into purchasing one, there are a few critical factors to consider.
1. Battery Life
First, the battery life. For travelers and commuters who love working on the train, you’ll be searching for a laptop that can run for hours without charge.
It’s not always possible to find a location with an accessible power socket, so you don’t want this to affect your work.
The battery life can affect the laptop’s size and performance. For example, smaller laptops often have a powerful battery although they feature a lower-resolution screen.
If you’re searching for a high-performer, consider that the brightness and fast speed can drain the laptop’s battery life.
Next, how vital is storage to you? Again, travels might require a laptop with excellent storage to prevent carrying around a hard drive. But, if you work from home, a hard drive on your desk might not bother you.
When researching the best ASUS laptops, we found that budget massively impacts storage. Cheaper models feature around 2 GB of RAM, while more expensive models hold around 18 GB.
To make a decision, consider your laptop’s primary purpose. If you need to download software and save numerous files daily, bigger storage is more beneficial to you.
3. USB Ports
Another critical factor is the USB ports. Most laptop users look into the screen quality, price, battery and the core aspects of the device. But don’t dismiss these ‘smaller’ features.
Do you like charging your phone while working? Perhaps your device requires plugging into an additional storage space. If you wish to activate USB ports, this can affect the laptop’s size.
How Our Ratings Are Chosen For ASUS Laptops
We consider many things when reviewing laptops. We bear in mind price, but we also calculate the value based on price and performance.
Additionally, we take a look at the many reviews online that give us an excellent idea of what is working for people and what isn’t.
Also, our reviews examine the specifications of the machines, features, portability, and efficiency.
We strive to provide an honest outline at what is available and what is best suited to meet your needs.
ASUS P-Series P254OUA-AB51
ASUS ZenBook UX33OUA-AH54
Top 7 Best ASUS Laptops
If you’re looking for brand recognition and a serious selection of machines, an ASUS laptop may be the right fit. You’ll find simple devices made for travel, more elegant options designed with the professional in mind, and specialized laptops for audio recording, gaming, and more.
After going through the many options ASUS offers, we’ve decided on the seven best, which we’ll look at in depth below.
ASUS VivoBook F556UA-AB32 Laptop (Windows 10, Intel i3-6100U 2.3 GHz, 15.6" LED-Lit Screen, Storage: 1000 GB, RAM: 4 GB) Black/Silver
- 15.6-Inch Full-HD Display with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Powerful Intel i3-6100U 2.3 GHz Processor
- High-capacity 1TB 5400 RPM HDD with 4GB DDR4DL RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI/D-SUB/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader
- Long-lasting 38 Whr polymer battery 2.5 times the lifespan of standard Li-ion
The ASUS F556UA has both a beautiful design and considerable power, making it one of the best ASUS laptops available today. Another huge advantage of this laptop is that it only costs for a reasonable price.
When you first glance at it, you’ll likely appreciate the golden frame (for the gold version) and its thin body. It measures 15 x 10.1 x 1 inches but packs in an Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 256 GB solid-state drive (optional).
With an 8 GB ram, this laptop certainly exceeds the minimum requirement for someone who uses a laptop daily.
This laptop’s core i processor allows the device to run multiple programs simultaneously. It can multitask like a dream, and it boots up in seconds.
It also has all the connectivity you desire with HDMI and VGA ports, USB 3.0 Type-C, and a 3-in-1 card reader.
The display is 15.6 inches, and it has an innovative blue light filter, dropping blue levels by 33%. This display makes reading more accessible and allows you to use the laptop before bedtime without the display affecting your sleep.
Beyond that, it has an Li-Polymer battery that promises up to 700 charge cycles, which is more than two times the amount of an Li-Ion battery.
Based on the information we found, our rating for this laptop is five stars.
- Features a spacious hard drive
- Fairly weighty, so not portable
ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 2-In-1 Laptop- 12.5” Full HD Touchscreen, Intel Core M3, 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Storage, All-Metal Body, USB Type C, Corning Gorilla Glass, Chrome OS- C302CA-DHM4 Silver
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit illuminated keyboard
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated upto 10 hours
- Make sure latest chrome version is upto date and is using the device in stable channel
If you are looking for a 2-in-1 computer, the Chromebook Flip has you covered. Even if you aren’t actively searching for that, the versatility and portability may sway you to consider it anyway.
This laptop features 12.5-inch Gorilla glass, a 360-degree hinge, HD touchscreen, and more. With a 1080-ips display, the screen is clear and crisp, which makes the laptop a great go-to for watching movies and videos. It even comes with multiple modes, including tablet, laptop, tent, and stand.
But, most importantly, its performance is what you’re looking for. Equipped with an Intel core processor, you can trust this laptop’s speed and performance is reliable every time you switch it on.
Despite its small size, you also get a full-size keyboard for improved productivity.
For no extra cost, you receive 100 GB storage with Google Drive. This is great for accessing for photos, videos and documents from anywhere and sharing with others.
The best part is that you can scoop one up for under $500.
Its sleek design might make you think the hardware inside is lacking, but you’d be wrong to make that assumption.
Featuring a Chromebook flip, you can twist and turn the screen for optimal viewing.
It has a quick Intel M3 processor, 4 GB of ram, and 64 GB of storage. Booting takes less than four seconds, so you never have to sit and wait to get things done.
This laptop is innovative and exciting, genuinely worthy of a perfect five-star rating. Reviews for the laptop are highly positive across the board.
- Internals are very performant and well specified for the entry-level price point of this Chromebook
- Not a great go-to if you’re looking to use software for designing
ASUS Chromebook C202 Laptop- 11.6" Ruggedized and Spill Resistant Design with 180 Degree Hinge, Intel Celeron N3060, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC Storage, Chrome OS- C202SA-YS02 Dark Blue, Silver
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet so you can take it anywhere without disruption
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 anti-glare display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- Powered by the Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, upto 2.48 GHz) for fast and snappy performance
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 16GB flash storage; No CD or DVD drive; Power adapter: Input: 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal. Output : 19 V DC, 2.1 A, 40 W
The second Chromebook on our list is the C202SA, and it ignores the traditional sleek design of Chromebooks to offer something a little more rugged. This laptop has a reinforced rubber edge in case of impact and a spill-resistant keyboard in case you drop your drink.
In drop tests for its category, it scored at the top of the class by withstanding falls of nearly 4 feet without any damage at all. That’s pretty impressive for a machine that you can get for just a few hundred dollars.
The display is 11.6 inches a
nd boasts a resolution of 1366 x 768. It also has an anti-glare feature so that you can work in the sun without issues.
The 180-degree hinge adds to the easy viewing that this laptop brings to the table.
As for the guts of the laptop, you’ll enjoy 16 GB of flash storage, 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, and an Intel Celeron N3060 processor.
Unfortunately, it lacks a DVD or CD drive, but that’s not uncommon for laptops of this design.
The price and ruggedness of this laptop are refreshing, but it isn’t perfect. We give this one a fierce four out of five stars.
- Good sunlight readability
- Sometimes a slow performer
ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), FHD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, 9hrs battery life
- Strong combination of design and business productivity. Incredible battery life with up to 9 hours* to keep you working and productive all day.
- Affordable price with the right amount of small business security and manageability. TPM security and fingerprint reader for additional security to keep files safe. Designed for the working professional with enterprise performance and superior reliability
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5 7200U dual core with 8GB of RAM and 1TB 5400RPM HDD. Designed to be powerful, durable, and portable to keep professionals on the go with the security features for peace of mind.
- 15.6-inch anti-glare FHD panel and upgradable memory door on bottom side for easy access.
- Total 4 USB ports. 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB2.0. 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA port. (Support dual outputs)
For those who need a business laptop that excels for media streaming and travel, you can count on the P254OUA-AB51.
The processor in this machine is a lightning-quick Intel Core i5, and it has a hard drive of 1 TB and 8 GB of RAM. This model is suitable for someone who needs productivity at their fingertips with no time to waste.
As far as design goes, it has a professional aesthetic with a 15.6-inch FHD anti-glare design and a brushed black body that offers a touch of elegance.
The security features are clearly taken into consideration on this model too, which is great for using within the household.
There is an embedded security chip that protects your data on the hardware level, along with a biometric fingerprint sensor to keep nosy users out of your files and documents. On top of that, you’ll also get ASUS Business Manager software, which offers security and management options designed for those in small businesses without an IT team.
It also boasts a battery that can last up to nine hours and comes with a removable battery pack to swap in if your power goes low.
All of these features come together in a laptop that you can pick up for under $500. The P-Series P254 is a star among the laptops here and deserves five stars.
- Can drive two external monitors at 1920×1080 with ease
- The speakers are weak
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming PC Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz IPS Type, Intel Core i7-8750H CPU, GeForce GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD, Military-Grade Metal Chassis, Win 10 Home - GX531GS-AH76
- 15.6” full HD 144Hz IPS Type Display | 3 milliseconds response time with slim 6.5 millimeter Bezel
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (with Max Q technology) | Base: 1101MHz, Boost: 1265MHz, TDP: 90W
- 8th generation Intel Core i7 8750H (upto 3.9GHz) processor
- 0.62” thin, 4.6 pounds | ultraportable military grade magnesium alloy body gaming laptop with premium cover CNC milled from Solid aluminum. Bluetooth - bluetooth 5.0
- 16GB 2666Hz DDR4 | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 10 Home
We didn’t forget the gamers on this list. The ROG Strix offers a fantastic performance, no matter your game choice.
The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8 GB of ram.
The processor is a beefy Intel Core i7-7770HQ that provides speeds of 2.8 GHz. Or up to 3.8 GHz if you choose to overclock. It has a 128 GB SSD and 12 GB of ram. These features provides you with a smooth and quick loading times for files, gaming or any additional activities. The additional 1 TB hard drive means you have room for all your games and files.
The screen is 17.3-inch and features an HD display at 1920 x 1080 resolution. It also offers G-SYNC and a 75 Hz refresh rate for outstanding game clarity.
It has the cooling to handle such a beast with a thermal module and two cooling fans for the best CPU and GPU performance.
You also get multiple display ports, Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11ac Wi-Fi 2×2, USB 3.1 type C, and a combo jack for headphone-out and audio.
The price is hefty on this one at over a thousand dollars, but the hardware and features make it a steal despite the higher price. Our final rating for the ROG Strix is a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Amazing Laptop, extremely fast, and a stunning G-Sync 75hz panel
- Touchpad loses track occasionally when bro
wsing the Internet
ASUS VivoBook Max X541UA-RH71 15.6-Inch Full HD Notebook (Intel Dual-Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz, 12 GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10)
- Immersive multimedia laptop with full HD (1920x1080) Display and powerful Intel Core i7 Processor 2. 5 GHz (Turbo to 3. 1GHz)
- Large capacity 1TB HDD with the latest DDR4 RAM (8GB)
- Full-size one-piece chiclet keyboard with 2. 3mm of key travel distance for comfortable typing
- Premium metallic design with brushed metal finish. Lightweight at 4. 4lbs and 1. 1" Thin
- Extensive connectivity with 1x USB 2. 0, 1x USB 3. 0, 1x USB3. 1 Type C (Gen 1), 1x RJ45 LAN Jack, 1x HDMI, and DL drewithCD-RW (*Usb transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
Now that we’ve featured one of the most expensive ASUS models, we wanted to showcase a budget model as well. However, it doesn’t skimp on the things that matter as you might expect.
It has a DVD/CD burner and an Intel Pentium N4200 Quad-Core processor at 1.1 GHz. On top of that, you get 4 GB of DDR3L RAM, which is outstanding for the price. Speaking of which, it clocks in at only a few hundred bucks. It also comes with Windows 10 Home 64-Bit.
It has a 500 GB hard drive to keep all of your documents safe and at hand. It’s also nearly weightless at 2.2 pounds for easy transport between classes or wherever you are headed next.
If you do a lot of work on the go or are a busy college student, this laptop offers many useful features. You can easily access multiple tabs without lagging or stuttering.
The laptop is slim at 1.1 inches and even offers great sound courtesy of the Bang & Olufsen ICEpower speakers. It also has a 15.6-inch HD display with a 1366 x 769 resolution.
Great for those on a budget and worthy of inclusion on the list, our rating is 3.5 stars.
- Nice laptop for the money
- Narrow viewing angles
ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 13.3-inch LCD Ultra-Slim Laptop (Core i5 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 10) w/ Harman Kardon Audio, Backlit keyboard, Fingerprint Reader
- Built-in fingerprint reader with one-touch login via Windows Hello feature
- 13.3-Inch wide-view Full-HD LCD Display with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Latest 7th generation Intel i5-7200U 2.5 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.1 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SSD with 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI/D-SUB/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader; Sleek and light weight 2.6 lbs aluminum body for comfortable portability
Our last laptop from ASUS is the ZenBook UX330. It’s a portable option that has a little more substance than the Flip from above. It’s only 2.6 pounds and measures in at 12.7 x 8.7 x 0.5 inches.
While it might not be the lightest device on the list, it also packs a huge amount of performance into a small package.
You will have access to 8 GB of RAM, an Intel Core i5 processor, and a 256 GB solid state drive. Unlike other portable devices, this means you can use powerful audio and video editing apps on the outstanding Windows 10.
The screen on this laptop is a 1080p that is 13.3 inches and features anti-glare technology. It also has backlit keys and a fingerprint sensor in the right corner.
As a portable option that showcases some serious power, you can purchase a ZenBook for a little more dough from online retailers.
This ASUS laptop features a quick and simple login system to reduce time wasting.
We rate this portable laptop from ASUS at four out of five stars.
- Excellent build quality for the price
- The system is not upgradeable
Buyer’s Guide For ASUS Laptops
Consider Your Preferred Operating System
One of the first things you should consider is what operating system you prefer. When it comes to ASUS laptops, you’ll have your pick of Windows or Chrome OS. Choosing the one you like is most important.
Windows is the most flexible and accessible operating system out there. However, Chrome OS is a lightweight, simple operating system found at a variety of budgets with the choice of ultraportable models.
Single-Purpose Laptop or Hybrid?
You may also want to think about whether you want a laptop dedicated to one purpose or a hybrid.
Many laptops come in a 2-in-1 model where you can use the device as a tablet by making a quick alteration. Hybrids have their uses, but if you aren’t interested in the tablet option, you often find a higher level of performance on a traditional laptop.
Laptops come in many sizes, and the display is where this matters the most. These are among the most common display sizes:
- 11 to 12 Inches – Thin and lightweight systems with small screens, these traditionally weigh around three pounds.
- 13 to 14 Inches – A balance between usability and portability, these are a popular option. Choose one that weighs under four pounds for the best versatility.
- 15 to 16 Inches – The most popular of the bunch, these weigh around five to seven pounds. This laptop is the right option for those who want a substantial screen and don’t plan to travel with the laptop often.
- 17 to 18 Inches – If your device is intended for home use, this is the option that provides the most power and a more prominent display space. Those who care about high productivity or want to play cutting-edge games may like this option.
Amount of RAM
Another thing to keep in mind is how much RAM your preferred laptop offers. Some laptops come with 2 GB of RAM. However, most people will be better off with 4 GB, 8 GB, or even 12 GB in the most powerful machines.
Type of Processor
In addition to RAM, a laptop’s processor matters a great deal as this is its driving force and brain. This has a significant impact on the performance you can expect, but sometimes bigger isn’t better.
It all depends on your specific purpose of owning a laptop.
Intel i5 is an average processor that can handle most anything you need to do while Intel i7 is a step above. These are often the best choice for gaming or video editing.
Which ASUS Laptop is Best For Work?
The ASUS C302CA-DHM4 Chromebook is great for work. This laptop’s keyboard is great for fast typers, as the keyboard is highly responsive and comfortable to type on.
If you’re searching for specs which will improve your work performance, this ASUS la
ptop saves the day with its ergonomic keyboard.
Also, you can work in low-lighting conditions with the help of the reliable backlight which turns on each time you start typing.
The 12-inch screen keeps this ASUS laptop portable and is ideal for limited storage space on a desk too. Not to mention, it’s high-quality screen is suitable for HD graphics – a bonus when designing infographics and working on presentations. You can even flip the screen to present ideas to coworkers.
This particular ASUS model has an incredible battery life – especially considering its price.
Also, with an array of energy-efficient settings, you can adapt the laptop to increase its battery.
This Chromebook flip is versatile and lightweight enough to carry around – which is ideal for coffee shop meetings or hitting the boardroom for a team meeting.
When looking at ASUS laptop reviews, this is one of the most dapper models, as it features an aluminum design which is sturdy enough for a daily commute. Overall, it’s clean, presentable, and professional.
There are two USB ports which are an excellent addition for charging your phone while plugging in an external drive. With this feature, you can have every other device charging at the same time as working.
Featuring a dual-core, this ASUS model is ideal for workers who are constantly switching between programs. This type of core improves the response speed by avoiding any dips in performance or response rates. On the other hand, a laptop with a single core would struggle to keep up with switching between programs.
Which ASUS Laptop is Best For Students?
Students will love the ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02 11.6. This laptop continues to work no matter what it’s put through.
Rugged, water-resistant and fearless to general wear and tear, this ASUS laptop features all the specs a student could ever need.
When using the ASUS laptop charger, this model and can last over eight hours once fully charged. This feature is ideal for forgetful students.
For such a reasonable price, this laptop is designed to break apart as repairing it is straightforward. In just four steps, you can fully disassemble the laptop to take a look at its core I processor.
The laptop features HD graphics, although some colors aren’t true to life, but hey, students will be working rather than needing an ASUS laptop for gaming, right?
This ASUS laptop doesn’t rely on Windows for speed and performance but Chrome OS instead – which is easy to learn. Although Windows is reliable and efficient, Chrome OS opens a whole new world to pinned apps, great settings, and customized layouts. Students will love how you can tailor the laptop’s menu and tabs to suit their workload.
Which ASUS Laptop is the Best Overall?
Answering this isn’t easy, as there are so many ASUS laptops with plausible features.
If we had to limit our research to one, it’d be the ASUS VivoBook Max X541UA-RH71. Why? This laptop is easily tailored to anyone, as it’s versatile and easy to use.
Featuring a seventh generation core processor, this technology allows you to download movies, music, programs, and software in HD. This core processor also protects you against threats and viruses to keep you and your family safe online. Consequently, you could comfortably use this ASUS laptop in the family household and share it amongst users.
Children will love that this ASUS gaming laptop brings movies and games to life with its high-resolution screen and impressive storage space for downloads.
This ASUS model has an impressive battery that is three times longer than your average battery. That means an ASUS laptop battery replacement isn’t necessary, as this device will carry you from morning until dusk.
The X series features Windows 10 Home which is great for people who haven’t adjusted to the Chromebook life yet. This Windows software isn’t a prerequisite for all ASUS laptops, so it’s a great addition for students and adults.
Choosing the Right Laptop for Your Needs
With so many ASUS laptops available, selecting the one that best fits your needs can be tricky.
This guide showcases the best of the bunch while considering each laptop’s performance and portability.
Once you narrow down what is important to you, you’ll be on your way toward getting a brand new laptop.
Last update on 2021-04-15 at 23:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API