ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard main features are:
- Socket: 1156.
- Chipset: Intel P55 Express.
- Super I/O: Winbond W83667HG
- Clock generator: ICS 9LPRS140CKLF
- Parallel ATA: One ATA-133 port controlled by a JMicron JMB363 chip
- Serial ATA: Seven SATA-300 ports, six controlled by the chipset and one controlled by the JMicron JMB363 chip.
- External SATA: One eSATA-300 port controlled by the JMicron JMB363 chip supporting port multiplier up to four devices and RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD.
- USB: 14 USB 2.0 ports (eight soldered on the motherboard and six available through headers on the motherboard; the motherboard comes with one I/O bracket containing two USB ports and one FireWire port).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394): Two ports controlled by a Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A chip, one standard-sized so
ldered on the rear panel and one available through a header.
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a VIA VT1828S codec (eight channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate for both the inputs and outputs, 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the inputs and 110 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the outputs). On-board coaxial and optical SPDIF outputs.
- On-board LAN: One Gigabit Ethernet port controlled by a Realtek RTL8112L chip, which is connected to the system through one PCI Express x1 lane.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply required: EPS12V (ATX12V compatible).
- Slots: Three PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (the first working at x8 when more than one video card is installed, the second one working at x8 and the third one working at x4), two PCI Express x1 slots and two standard PCI slots.
- Memory: Four DDR3-DIMM sockets (up to 16 GB up to DDR3-1600/PC3-12800 or DDR3-2133 through overclocking).
- Number of CDs/DVDs provided: One.
- Programs included: Motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Only aluminum solid capacitors, MemOK! Memory testing feature, Express Gate, serial port.
- More Information: https://www.asus.com
- Average price in the US*: USD 170.00
* Researched at Newegg.com on the day we published this First Look article.