The main specifications for DFI LANParty Venus nF4 SLI-DR Expert are:
- Socket 939.
- Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI (PCI Express x16, ATA-133)
- Super I/O: ITE IT8712F
- Parallel IDE: Two ATA-133 ports.
- Serial IDE: Four SATA-300 ports controlled by the chipset and four SATA-150 ports controlled by Silicon Image SiI3114 chip.
- USB: Eight USB 2.0 ports, six soldered directly on the motherboard and two available through an I/O bracket (that doesn’t come with the motherboard).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394): Two ports controlled by VIA VT6307 chip, one soldered directly on the motherboard and the other available through an I/O bracket (that doesn’t come with the motherboard).
- On-board Audio: Produced by the chipset together with the codec Realtek ALC850 (eight channels, 16-bit resolution, 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio), with coaxial SPDIF input and output.
- On board Video: No.
- On-board LAN: Yes, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, one controlled by the chipset together with Vitesse VSC8201RX chip, which makes the physical layer interface, and another controlled by Marvell 88E8001 chip.
- Buzzer: Yes.
- Power Supply: ATX12V v2.x (24-pin).
- Slots: one PCI Express x16 slot, one PCI Express x1 slot, one PCI Express x4 slots and 3 PCI slots.
- Memory: 4 DDR-DIMM sockets (up to 4 GB up to DDR400/PC3200).
- Number of CDs that come with this motherboard: 1 CD.
- Programs included: N/A.
- Extra features: Sticker for the back panel, SLI bridge, power and reset switches on the motherboard and colored front panel connectors.
- More Information: https://us.dfi.com.tw
- Average price in the USA: We couldn’t find this motherboard being listed on North American price comparison websites on the day we published this review.