How We Tested
During our benchmarking sessions, we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions the only variable was the motherboard being tested. Hardware Configuration
- BIOS version: May 11th, 2007
- Motherboard revision: 1.0A
- Processor: Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.6 GHz) with 512 KB L2 cache.
- Cooler: AMD.
- Memory: Two Corsair PC8500 CM2X512-8500 modules with 512 MB each, installed under DDR2 dual channel configuration (5-5-5-15 timings).
- Hard Drive: Samsung HD080HJ (SATA-300, 7,200 rpm, 8 MB buffer).
- Video Cards: XFX GeForce 6200 TC 64 MB 64-bit, Leadtek GeForce 6200 128 MB 128-bit and MSI factory-overclocked GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB.
- Video resolution: 1024x768x32 85Hz.
- Power Supply: Antec Neo HE 550.
- Windows XP Professional installed using NTFS
- Service Pack 2
- DirectX 9.0c
- ATI video and chipset driver version: 7.2 IGP
- Nvidia video driver version: 93.71 (on GeForce 6100 and 6200)
- Nvidia video driver version: 101.17 (on GeForce 7025)
- Nvidia video driver version: 158.22 (on GeForce 8800 GTS)
- Nvidia nForce chipset driver version: 8.26 (on ECS GeForce6100SM)
- Nvidia nForce chipset driver version: 14.10 (on Abit AN-M2)
- Nvidia nForce chipset driver version: 9.35 (on ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe)
- Audio driver version: Realtek R1.60
- Audio driver version: Realtek A3.86 (on ECS RS485M-M)
- SYSmark2004 – Patch 2
- PCMark05 Professional 1.2.0
- 3DMark 2001 SE 3.3.0
- 3DMark03 3.6.0
- 3DMark05 1.2.0
- Quake III Arena 1.32
We adopted a 3% error margin; thus, differences below 3% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 3% should be considered as having similar performance.