EVGA nForce 780i SLI main features are:
- Socket: 775.
- Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI.
- Super I/O: Winbond W83627DHG
- Parallel IDE: One ATA-133 port controlled by the south bridge chip.
- Serial IDE: Six SATA-300 ports controlled by the south bridge chip, supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and JBOD.
- USB: Ten USB 2.0 ports (six soldered on the motherboard and four available through I/O brackets, which come with the motherboard).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a): Two ports controlled by Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A chip, one soldered on the motherboard and one available through an I/O bracket, which comes with the motherboard.
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a Realtek ALC888S codec (eight channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate for its outputs, up to 96 kHz sampling rate for its inputs, 90 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the inputs and 97 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the outputs), with on-board optical SPDIF connector.
- On-board video: No.
- On-board LAN: Two Gigabit Ethernet ports controlled by the chipset together with two Marvell 88E1116 chips that make the physical layer interface.
- Buzzer: Yes.
- Power supply required: EPS12V.
- Slots: Two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, one PCI Express 1.0 x16, one PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot and two PCI slots, supporting SLI and three-way SLI.
- Memory: Four DDR-DIMM sockets (up to 8 GB up to DDR2-800/PC2-6400 or up to DDR2-1200/PC2-9600 if EPP memories are used).
- Number of CDs that come with this motherboard: One.
- Programs included: motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Aluminum solid capacitors on the voltage regulator circuit and POST diagnostics display.
- More Information: https://www.evga.com
- Average price in the US*: USD 290.00
* Researched at Pricewatch.com on the day we published this First Look article.