Gigabyte EX58 Extreme is certainly one of the more complete motherboards for Core I7 processors available on the market today. It brings several advantages over its competitors if you want extreme overclocking levels using the new Intel processors. The main specifications for this product include:
- Top Audio CODEC with signal/noise ratio found only on professional sound cards.
- Support for SLI with two or three video cards, finally on a motherboard based on an Intel chipset. As explained, not all the motherboard based on Intel X58 chipset will support this technology.
- A simple and ingenious "clear CMOS" button on the rear panel. You do not need to open the case to return to the default settings after your PC hangs due to an unsuccessful overclock.
- Six memory sockets, allowing you to upgrade memory and keep your old modules installed, increasing performance at a lower cost.
- Support for DDR3-2100 memory modules, up to 24 GB.
- Voltage regulator circuit with sixteen phases (12 +2 +2) will make your motherboard work colder and have a longer lifespan.
- Heat dissipation system for the chipset and voltage regulator transistors with heatpipes, supporting liquid cooling solutions, with a big "card" heatsink if you won’t use a water cooler.
- Other features traditionally found on Gigabyte’s high-end motherboards: independent analog audio outputs, coaxial and optical SPDIF outputs, japanese solid capacitors and ferrite chokes.