How We Tested
During our benchmarking sessions, we used the configuration listed below. Between our benchmarking sessions the only variable was the motherboard being tested.
- BIOS version: F4.
- Processor: Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.6 GHz) with 512 KB L2 cache.
- Cooler: AMD.
- Memory: Two Corsair PC8500 CM2X512-8500 modules with 512 MB each, installed under DDR2 dual channel configuration (5-5-5-15 timings).
- Hard Drive: Maxtor DiamondMax 9 Plus (40 GB, ATA-133).
- Video Card: XFX GeForce 7800 GTX.
- Video resolution: [email protected]
- Power Supply: Antec Neo HE 550.
- Windows XP Professional installed using NTFS
- Service Pack 2
- DirectX 9.0c
- NVIDIA video driver version : 84.21
- All motherboard drivers
We adopted a 3% error margin; thus, differences below 3% cannot be considered relevant. In other words, products with a performance difference below 3% should be considered as having similar performance.