Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H main features are:
- Socket: AM2+.
- Chipset: AMD 780G with SB700 south bridge.
- Parallel IDE: One ATA-133 port controlled by the chipset.
- Serial IDE: Five SATA-300 ports and one eSATA-300 port controlled by the chipset, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD.
- USB: Twelve USB 2.0 ports (four soldered on the motherboard and eight available through I/O brackets that don’t come with the motherboard).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a): Two ports controlled by Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 chip (one soldered on the motherboard and one available through an I/O bracket that doesn’t come with the motherboard).
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with a Realtek ALC889A codec (7.1+2 channels, 24-bit resolution, 192 kHz sampling rate for both the inputs and outputs, 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the analog outputs and 104 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the analog inputs). On-board optical SPDIF output.
- On-board Video: Yes, Radeon HD 3200 graphics engine with two independent outputs with three connectors, VGA, DVI and HDMI (supporting digital audio). Only two connectors can be used at the same time.
- On-board LAN: One Gigabit Ethernet port controlled by a Realtek 8111C chip, which is connected to the system through a PCI Express x1 lane.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply required: ATX12V 2.x (24-pin) or ATX12V 1.x (20-pin).
- Slots: One x16 PCI Express 2.0 slot, one x1 PCI Express slot and two PCI slots.
- Memory: Four DDR2-DIMM sockets (up to 16 GB up to DDR2-800/PC2-6400 or DDR2-1066/PC2-8500, depending on the CPU).
- Number of CDs/DVDs provided: One.
- Programs included: motherboard drivers and utilities.
- Extra features: Japanese capacitors, solid aluminum capacitors and ferrite chokes on the voltage regulator circuit.
- More information: https://www.gigabyte.com.tw.
- Average price in the US*: USD 96.00
* Researched at Shopping.com on the day we published this First Look article.