NZXT Beta is a mid-tower case targeted to the user that wants a good quality mid-tower case but doesn’t want to spend a lot of money. Here is a summary of what we found about this product.
- Meshed bay covers.
- Meshed slot covers.
- Dust filters on the front panel.
- Interior is painted black.
- eSATA port.
- Very light.
- No sharp edges where you could cut yourself while building your PC.
- The external 3.5” bay can’t be used as the front panel does not have a hole in front of it.
- Comes with only one fan.
- Could have come with thumbscrews for fastening daughterboards.
- Could have come with thumbscrews fastening the right panel.
- No noise absorbing mechanisms for the hard disk drives.
In summary, we think this is a terrific product for the user that is on a budget and is looking for a good product. Costing only USD 50, this case has an unbeatable cost/benefit ratio. The only real drawback from this case is the impossibility of using floppy disk drives. So buy it only if you are sure you won’t need this archaic device. The presence of only one fan could be seen as a huge drawback, however for its price we can’t complain. If you buy this case, we recommend you to buy at least one 120 mm fan for installing on its rear panel (it should be installed in exhaustion mode, i.e., with airflow going from inside the case to the outside).