ASUS P5N-E SLI main features are:
- Socket: 775.
- Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 650i.
- Super I/O: ITE IT8718F-S
- Parallel IDE: Two ATA-133 ports controlled by the south bridge chip.
- Serial IDE: Four SATA-300 ports con
trolled by the south bridge chip, supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and JBOD and one eSATA port controlled by JMicron JMB360 chip.
- USB: Eight USB 2.0 ports (four soldered on the motherboard and four available through I/O brackets. This motherboard came with a bracket with two ports, so two ports are left over).
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a): Two ports controlled by VIA VT6308 chip.
- On-board audio: Produced by the chipset together with Realtek ALC883 codec (eight channels, 24-bit resolution, up to 96 kHz sampling rate for the inputs and up to 192 kHz sampling rate for the outputs, 85 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the inputs and 95 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the outputs).
- On-board video: No.
- On-board LAN: One Gigabit Ethernet port controlled by the chipset together with one Marvell 88E1116 chip.
- Buzzer: No.
- Power supply required: ATX12V 2.x (24-pin).
- Slots: Two x16 PCI Express slots (SLI at x8), one x1 PCI Express slot and two PCI slots.
- Memory: Four DDR-DIMM sockets (up to 8 GB up to DDR2-800/PC2-6400).
- Number of CDs that come with this motherboard: Two.
- Programs included: Drivers, utilities, Norton Internet Security, Corel Snapfire 11 SE and Intervideo DVD Copy 5 Trial.
- Extra features: Q-Connector for the case frontal connectors.
- More Information: https://www.asus.com
- Average price in the US*: USD 138.00
* Researched at Shopping.com on the day we published this review.