The new SiverStone Strider Gold Evolution series of power supplies is comprised of 750 W, 850 W, 1,000 W, and 1,200 W models, all featuring the 80 Plus Gold certification, a removable air filter for the fan, and a full modular cabling system, meaning that even the main motherboard cable is detachable. Let’s see if the 750 W model is a good option.
This is the first power supply we’ve seen with an air filter for its fan. It is attached to the power supply magnetically, making it very easy to be removed and cleaned. Interestingly, the company sells this filter by itself, in case you want to have this feature on another power supply.
The SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 750 W is 7.1” (160 mm) deep, using a 139 mm fluid dynamic bearing fan on its bottom (SilverStone AP141 “Air Perpetrator,” which is actually a Honghua HA1425L).
As mentioned, this unit has a full modular cabling system with 11 connectors, one for the main motherboard cable, two for ATX/EPS12V power cables, four for video card power cables, and four for peripheral and SATA power cables. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 22” (56 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 21.6” (55 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 29.5” (75 cm) long
- Two cables, each with one six-pin connector for video cards, 22” (56 cm) long
- Two cables, each with one six/eight-pin connector for video cards, 22” (56 cm) long
- Two cables, each with four SATA power connectors, 23.6” (60 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with three standard peripheral power connectors and one floppy disk drive power connector, 23.6” (60 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
The ATX12V/EPS12V and video card power cables use thicker, 16 AWG wires, while all other cables use 18 AWG wires, which is the minimum recommended gauge.
The cable configuration is excellent for a 750 W power supply, with four video card power connectors and eight SATA power connectors.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.