The Jumper 300G “Planet3dnow.de Edition” is a modified version of the Huntkey Jumper 300G power supply suggested by this hardware-reviewing German website, and it is the first high-end, low-wattage power supply to arrive on the market. Let’s check it out.
The differences between this “special edition” and the regular Jumper 300G are the use of a better electrolytic capacitor in the primary (Japanese capacitor rated at 105° C instead of a Chinese one rated at 85° C), a different connector configuration, and over current protection (OCP) set at a higher trigger point.
It is very interesting to know that Planet3dnow.de didn’t make any money by helping Huntkey to improve this product. The reasoning behind that, according to Martin Kaffei, Planet3dnow.de’s power supply editor, is that “[they] want to show manufacturers [what] a good power supply should look like. A thousand watts is just not necessary for most computers, while most small-[wattage] power supplies are cheap.”
The Huntkey Jumper 300G Planet3dnow.de Edition is 5.5” (140 mm) deep, using a 120 mm ball bearing fan on its bottom (Yateloon D12BL-12).
This unit doesn’t have a modular cabling system, and all cables are protected with nylon sleeves. This power supply comes with the following cables:
- Main motherboard cable with a 20/24-pin connector, 16.9” (43 cm) long
- One cable with two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V connector, 21.2” (54 cm) long
- One cable with one six-pin connector for video cards, 17.7” (45 cm) long
- One cable with three SATA power connectors and one peripheral power connector, 17.3” (44 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
- One cable with one SATA, two peripherals, and one floppy disk drive power connector, 16.9” (43 cm) to the first connector, 5.9” (15 cm) between connectors
All wires are 18 AWG, which is the correct gauge to be used.
The cable configuration is outstanding for a 300 W product, featuring one six-pin connector for video cards, which is almost never seen on power supplies below 450 W. The presence of four SATA power connectors is another plus.
Let’s now take an in-depth look inside this power supply.