How We Tested
During our testing procedures, we used the configuration listed below. The only variable component between each benchmarking session was the SSD being tested.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K
- Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion
- Memory: Four 4 GB Mushkin Ridgeback Redline (DDR3-2133, 1.65 V, 9-11-10-28) memory modules
- Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 GB
- Video Monitor: Viewsonic VX2260WM
- Power Supply: Corsair HX850W
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H100
- Boot Drive: Intel 520 Series 240 GB SSD
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit using NTFS file system
- Intel INF Driver Version: 18.104.22.1686
- NVIDIA Video Driver Version: 270.61
- Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080
We adopted a 3% error margin in our tests, meaning performance differences of less than 3% can’t be considered meaningful. Therefore, when the performance difference between two products is less than 3%, we consider them to have similar performance.