Symphony from Thermaltake – also calledCL-W0040 – is an external liquid cooling system originally targeted to home theater PCs, but there is nothing wrong on using it together with a regular PC. Since we hadn’t this product with us for enough time for performing an in-depth review, we’ve just created this new section called “First Look”, where we will be talking about products without making any in-depth benchmarking or testing, due to lack of time or due to lack of a correct methodology for benchmarking the product.
This product draw our attention by its size: 3.60 feet high (1.10 meters). Its design, however, makes it looks like a home theater speaker and not a cooling device. That’s why Thermaltake is targeting this product to home theater market segment.
Figure 1: Thermaltake Symphony. Pay attention to its height.
The system has a huge heatsink measuring 28.5″ x 4.72″ (72 x 12 cm) and using five 120 mm fans rotating at 1,400 rpm.
Figure 2: Detail from the grill, pay attention on the radiator fans.
Together with Symphony comes a copper block.
Figure 3: Copper block that comes with the product.
[nextpage title=”Inside Symphony”]
Symphony uses two 12 V pumps with a pumping capacity of 23.78 gallons per hour (90 liters/hour) and a reservoir.
Figure 4: Thermaltake Symphony from inside.
Figure 5: The other side of the radiator.
[nextpage title=”Main Specifications”]
Thermaltake Symphony (CL-W0040) main features are:
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 4.1 x 42.9 inches (15 x 10.5 x 110 cm)
- Radiator Dimensions: 4.7 x 1.3 x 28.1 inches (12 x 3.3 x 72 cm)
- Weight: 30.8 pounds (14 Kg)
- Material: Alloy
- Fans: Five120 mm fans rotating at 1,400 rpm with a 16 dB noise level
- Pumps: Two 12 V pumps with a pumping capacity of 23.78 gallons per hour (90 liters/hour)
- Comes with reservoir
- Duration of the cooling liquid: 10,000 hours
- Comes with copper block (0.59 x 2.32 x 2.32 inches – 15 x 59 x 59 mm)
- Usage: Sockets 478, 775, 462, 754 and 939.
- More information: https://www.thermaltake.com
- Average price in the USA*: USD 350.00
* Researched on https://www.pricewatch.com/ on the day we published this review.[nextpage title=”Conclusions”]
Symphony design is really stylish, but we think its main drawback is its price. It will reach the US stores on first week of September at USD 350, a high price even for mature markets like the USA. So it is a product for those fortunate ones willing to spend a lot of money in a stylish external water cooling device.
Leave a Reply